Friday, May 16, 2008

Two Missing Teeth

Two teeth in the treasure chest. Can't see them very well. I kept Emery home from school because it was a short day and she was not supposed to have anything crunchy. Em was so funny the whole day she kept telling me. "Mom I can't believe I lost two teeth, the tooth fairy is going to be so surprised." Five minutes later she would say "Mom I just can't believe that I have two lost teeth." The WHOLE day. It was obviously a really big deal to her. Emery has had a loose tooth for about a month. About two weeks ago we noticed that the permanent tooth was coming in behind the loose tooth. In April we had all of the kids teeth cleaned and they took x-ray's so I assumed that they would have noticed this other tooth in x-ray and didn't mention it because it wasn't a big deal. Well finally I took Em back to the dentist anyway because she kept complaining about the tooth hurting and I know that it was not coming in at all in the right spot. The dentist pulled the loose one and the one next to it because he said that same thing was going to happen. They were able to pull them the same day that they squeezed me in on, which was so nice. Mason, Lacey, and Lilly didn't think so because they had to wait, but they did alright. Emery was so brave they had to give her a shot to numb her up and she did not flinch or complain at all. She didn't even think that it was scary at all either. She is getting to be a big kid.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How exciting! Yeah, don't worry about the permanent tooth. Savannah's did the same thing. I actually took her to Dr. Martin in Sunnyside and he didn't pull her teeth out like I wanted him too. He said that the teeth will move into the right spot and they sure did. Savannah and Wyatt both lost their 2 bottom teeth at 5 1/2 and Caitlin is SOOO impatient now that she is 5 and 8 months!

Pete & Leah said...

Yeah! Congrats Emery!

Home is where you can be silent and still be heard. Where you can ask and find out who you are. Where people laugh with you about your self. Where sorrow is divided and joys multiplied. Where we share in love and grow..