Sunday, April 13, 2008

Finally Spring?

So we finally bit the bullet and bought a camera. We got a Nikon D40 SLR it has been a ton of fun so far. I have no clue what I am doing, but it I am having a blast trying to figure it out. In two days I have taken 140 pics. I am having a little too much fun. Anyway here are a few.
Sepia tone that I can manipulate within the camera settings. Isn't she such a Q-T! ( I am biased, I know) Black and White. Mason caught in the action trying to break off the big branch. So I made him stand there and pose for me this is what I got. ( I love it!) Lacey always ready to strike a pose. Lilly is in the background waving. Lilly trying to escape out the back of the car. "Mom no more pictures, you are making me so mad."
Finally I think spring has sprung. This weekend we have had wonderful weather so we decided to go to our local family fun center. We went mini golfing, and got to ride the bumper boats with our family friends the McRae's. Seven kids and two Moms. The kids had a blast! The Moms... um? Emery doing her best to get the ball up the hill. It was harder that it looked. Mason fetching the ball out of the pond with a little help from his friend- Collin Mom and Lilly. She does pretty good in the backpack.
Mason was way excited he got to drive a bumper boat all by himself! Wow! He was so brave. I thought it might be a little scary for him because he is usually so timid of the water. He jumped right in the boat and began to shoot the water at everybody around him.
Lacey did much better at the bumper boats than at mini golfing. I didn't put up any pics of her golfing experience because I am going to save them for bribing material when she act up as a teenager. (HeHe) It was pretty hilarous.
Emery's boat got stuck going in circles and she couldn't get it to go forward. She didn't care thought she got anyone wet that came near her.
Aliya and I got to ride together while Mrs. McRae and Lilly hung out and took the pics. Lilly cried the whole time. Any suggestions for seperation anxiety?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had a great day. Have fun with the camera!!!!

Young said...

Val, Lilly is getting so big.. She is such a cutie. I miss you, and love the new camera.

Bug

Home is where you can be silent and still be heard. Where you can ask and find out who you are. Where people laugh with you about your self. Where sorrow is divided and joys multiplied. Where we share in love and grow..