Sunday, October 26, 2008

50th Wedding Anniversary!

The beginning of the month I got to go Home for my parents
50th Wedding Anniversary. After a year of planning with my siblings we pulled it off. I can't say that I had much to do with it. My sisters, and sis-in-laws did all of the work and I got to come home help set up, claen up and be a part of the big day. On their real anniversay date all of us sent Mom and Dad to Park City for the weekend to relax and be entertained. They got to go see a funny play (moms' fav), and a great steak restraunt (Dad's Fav). The next weekend we had an Open House for them at the Church. Some of the people that came were in my mom's line at her wedding. Wow! 50 years ago.50 years later. They still look the same just a few more character lines.
Cutting the cake 50 years ago
cutting the cake 50 years later.
My Mom was only 80 pounds when she got married. We had a hard time getting the dress on the form. Even after we got it on the form, we pinned it to the back of the form because it would not go small enough to get the dress at all zipped.
The line.
The posterity
Sarah and Jaron looking at family pics. that were on display.
My sisters Suzanne and Val working in the kitchen. They are so wonderful! Lilly bug and Jackson only a couple of months apart. Lilly loves giving hugs.
My Grandma with my cousins.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I loved looking through these pictures. Wow, 50 years! That really is amazing, congrats to your parents.

Home is where you can be silent and still be heard. Where you can ask and find out who you are. Where people laugh with you about your self. Where sorrow is divided and joys multiplied. Where we share in love and grow..